A new coordinator for the Advancing Learning in Differentiation and Inclusion Project (ALDI) has been in place since December 4, 2017. Caroline Erdos, PhD, is a clinical speech-language pathologist with extensive experience as a consultant in the areas of learning disability, French immersion education and multilingualism.
Since December 2017:
- Caroline was invited to present an overview of research findings pertaining to neurotypical and at-risk students learning an additional language to staff at Lester B. Pearson School Board, Riverside School Board, Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board and New Frontiers School Board.
- Caroline presented workshops on targeted intervention for students who struggle with reading at Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board; follow-up hands on sessions were also offered.
- Caroline also provided bilingual workshops on phonological awareness at Riverside School Board and Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board.
- Beginning in September 2018, Caroline will colead Resource Teacher Network (RTN) and Work-Oriented Training Path (WOTP) Professional Development and Innovation Grant (PDIG) projects at Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board.
- Caroline will be presenting bilingual workshops on Phonological Awareness and Dialogic Reading at the 2018 Quebec Provincial Association of Teachers (QPAT) conference.
- Additionally, Caroline is working on assembling a collection of evidence-based intervention materials and teaching video clips for resource teachers (see Caroline’s Top Picks).
For all inquiries or to plan support activities at your school board, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (450) 621-5600, extension 1388.