What is ALDI?
ALDI (Advancing Learning in Differentiation and Inclusion) was created in 2005 to assist the ten English school boards in Québec to provide support and professional development for resource teachers in the province. The project also included the professional development needs of classroom teachers with regards to a collaborative school-based resource team approach.
Today, this provincial project directly supports resource teachers, classroom teachers and other school professionals in the area of special education within the English school boards in Québec. The project has a strong focus on the application of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and Response to Intervention (RtI).
- To provide guidance, consultation and classroom support to resource teachers and school-based resource teams in the area of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and Response to Intervention (RTI) through sustainable professional development opportunities, the development of professional learning communities (PLCs) and collaborative inquiries.
- To become a facilitator of collaboration in the area of Response to Intervention and Universal Design for Learning for school-based resource teams within the English boards of Québec.
Our School Boards:
English school boards in Québec:
ALDI also collaborates with these provincial resources:
Centers of Excellence for the English School Boards:
- Center of Excellence for Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Center of Excellence for Physically, Intellectually and Multi-Challenged
- Center of Excellence for Mental Health
- Center of Excellence for Behaviour Management
- Center of Excellence for Speech and Language Development
- Inclusive Learning Resource Network
- Assisting School Systems in Educational Transformation
Caroline Erdos, PhD, S-LP(C)
Advancing Learning in Differentiation and Inclusion (ALDI) Project Coordinator
Coordonnatrice du projet ALDI
(450) 621-5600, extension/poste 1388