What is ALDI?
ALDI (Advancing Learning in Differentiation and Inclusion) was created in 2005 to assist the ten English school boards in Québec to provide support and professional development for resource teachers in the province. The project also included the professional development needs of school administrators and classroom teachers with regards to a collaborative school-based resource team approach.
Today, this provincial project directly supports resource teachers, administrators, classroom teachers and other school professionals in the area of special education within the English school boards in Québec. The project has a strong focus on the application of Universal Design for Learning.
- To develop a knowledge base and expertise in Universal Design for Learning framework, accessible instructional design and accessible instructional materials for resource teachers and school-based resource teams, through sustainable professional development opportunities and the development of a professional learning community.
- To become a facilitator of collaboration in the area of Universal Design for Learning for school-based resource teams within the English boards of Québec.
Our School Boards:
- Lester B. Pearson School Board
- English Montreal School Board
- Riverside School Board
- Eastern Townships School Board
- New Frontiers School Board
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board
- Central Québec School Board
- Western Quebec School Board
- Eastern Shores School Board
- Littoral School Board
Caroline Erdos, PhD, S-LP(C)
Advancing Learning in Differentiation and Inclusion (ALDI) Project Coordinator
Coordonnatrice du projet ALDI
(450) 621-5600, extension/poste 1388