This sections contains pertinent information to aid in problem-solving during the pandemic.
Centre of Excellence for Behaviour Management resources:
LEAD-PLAY-LEARN TOGETHER: Supporting students in the time of pandemic
- This handout includes 8 guiding principles and activities to support teachers and students as they navigate a new reality at school. *Prior to implementing an activity, please make sure that the selected activities meet your school board’s social distancing guidelines.
- Set up your environment in order to help guide acceptable behaviour
- Use play and playful activities to guide and change behaviour
- Make repetitive activities fun using songs and chants
- Establish and practice routines
- Put academics into perspective
- Maximize attachment
- Have a plan for challenging behaviours
- Encourage emotional expression that is safe for all
Centre of Excellence for Mental Health resources:
A student’s guide to managing stress during difficult times.
- This handout contains practical tips and links to more information on how to manage stress.
Guidelines for Return to School
- The handouts below are from a series called Guidelines for Return to School. They are supplied by the Centre of Excellence for Mental Health. These 4 posters contain strategies on how to support one another during school opening.
This site contains updated articles on distance learning and various articles on looking ahead to September 2020.