In this section, you will find research articles, resources and videos on bilingualism and multilingualism.
Canadian Parents for French
This site contains information on the Peer Tutoring Literacy Program for French Immersion Schools.
Colorin Colorado (second language learners)
- This rich bilingual site is designed for teachers, administrators, paraprofessionals and parents of second language learners. It includes topics such as:
- Special education and second language learners
- Language and vocabulary development
- Reading instruction in Grades 4-12
- ELL strategies and best practices
Frequently asked questions about bilingualism (Canada)
Johanne Paradis, University of Alberta
- FAQs are grouped into two topics:
- Information about early bilingualism
- Information about second language learning
Frequently Asked Questions about French Immersion:
- This FAQ, by Genesee and Erdos (2019), answers 15 questions backed by research. It also provides links to books and websites for further learning.
“Including all Students in French Second Language Education”
A four-part webcast:
Learning to Read in a Second Language:
Research, Implications, and Recommendations for Services
- This theoretical research article becomes more and more practical as it explores the reading disabilities in second language learners.